A British man is feared to have drowned after he failed to surface while scuba diving at a holiday resort in Egypt.
Steve Cracknell was having a routine lesson with his instructor off the coast of Sharm el-Sheikh when the pair went missing.
Mr Cracknell, 46, from Yeovil, Somerset, is thought to have been on holiday with his wife and their two daughters at the time.
He vanished while swimming at the White Knight dive site, a relatively shallow canyon.
Locals have reportedly been searching every day for the pharmaceuticals executive and his instructor, who were diving with a company located at the Savoy Hotel last Saturday.
A friend of Mr Cracknell, who asked not to be named, told The Daily Telegraph: "I am just holding out hope and don't want to think about the accident.
"I can't imagine how his wife and daughters are handling this. My heart goes out to them.
"We are hoping for a good resolution, but we know that the longer they are missing the less likely it is that the result will be good."
Shinji Sato, a Japanese dive instructor living in Sharm el-Sheikh, told the paper: "They've still not found the bodies. This kind of thing is incredibly rare. It never happens.
"Everyone here is very upset. It's so sad."
Mr Cracknell's instructor is understood to be Costantino Di Maria, a veteran diver who has lived in Sharm el-Sheikh for years.
Reports say the plateau which Mr Cracknell was exploring suddenly sheers off into a plummeting mile-deep precipice.
Locals have speculated that one of the two men may have encountered problems during the diving session.
Mr Cracknell's family are thought to have returned to the UK.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a British national is currently missing in Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
"We are liaising with the local authorities and we are providing consular assistance to the family."
Police officers at Starr's home after his arrest
Karin Ward (L) appeared with Starr on Clunk Click in 1974 (pic: BBC)
The ambush took place on the M1 motorway
Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers made a statement to MPs
Denis MacShane is to be barred from the Commons for a year
Ed Miliband's Labour party has suspended Denis MacShane
The attack happened at the M1/M12 turnoff in County Armagh
Police attending the scene
Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers condemned the attack
The motorway was closed following the shooting
Savile was regularly given a key to the hospital's nurses' block
Girls were said to be dazzled by Savile's celebrity status
Helicopters have been out when the weather has allowed 
John Hayes (left) has infuriated his boss Ed Davey (right)
EE is the sole UK provider of 4G until next year
Gary Glitter was arrested yesterday
Savile's Highland cottage has been targeted by vandals
Mr Clattenburg pictured during the fiery clash at Stamford Bridge
Deputy Prime Minister and Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg
HMS Vigilant during last week's test launch
Sensored lights are key to deterring burglars, says the report
Bernie in September 2010 when she first fought breast cancer
Hundreds have come forward claiming to be Jimmy Savile's victims